If you had read before in my other gut blog entries, I suffered from a lot of gut-related issues as a result of a health trauma my body faced. I wanted to share with you the supplements I used to help heal my gut. This is for educational purposes only and to give you all hope. Please speak to your health care professional. Information below on the products were taken from the websites of the products.
SBI Protect Powder from Ortho Molecular Products
- Increases mucosal immunity through immunoglobulins G (IgG) and microbial balance
- IgG = antibodies that are produced by plasma cells and act as part of the immune response to aid in the destruction of bacteria, infections, and viruses.
- Supports inflammation and the gut barrier
- Helps flush out toxins in the GI tract
GlutaClear from Metagenics
- Helps boost the body’s production of glutathione, an antioxidant to help with oxidative stress
- Supports liver detoxification
Ortho Biotic Powder from Ortho Molecular Products
- Supports microflora balance which leads to micronutrient absorption and immune function
- Gut dysbiosis and bad microbalance can occur whith medications, poor diet, and alcholol.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)/ Lactobacillus paracasei (Lpc-37)/ Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-02)/ Bifidobacterium lactis (BI-04)/ Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115)/ Lactobacillus rhamnosus (GG)/ Saccharomyces boulardii
Glycogenics from Metagenics
- B-complex to support metabolism
Digestzyme V from Ortho Molecular Products
- Digestive enzymes to help absorb food
- Maximizes nutrition absorption
- Target enzyme support
- Supports gastric acid
Magnesium Buffered Chelate from Designs for Health (2)
- Highly absorbable
- Reduces inflammation and calms nerves and muscles
- Also in chocolate, spinach, almonds, broccoli, avocado and banana
L-glutamine from Klaire Labs (2)
- This is an amino acid that helps create and synthesize protein.
- Glutamine is produced in the muscles and distributed by the blood to the organs. It helps bring nitrogen and carbon to cells, and in order to heal and recover from wounds, you need this from the glutamine.
- It is known to help with gut permeability and other gut-related issues like IBS and leaky gut.
- People may experience a deficiency due to trauma, stress, or shock on the body.
- Specifically, people who undergo chemotherapy become deficient in this.
- Two types: Trans-Alanyl-Glutamine (absorbed better) or free form.
- Take right before or after workouts, as it helps with muscle growth and recovery.
- Also in bone broth, beef, broccoli rabe, fish, and turkey.